• Vimeo - Black Circle
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon

Property of Catch the Moment Productions San Jose, CA 

Frequently Asked Questions 

 

We are not sure if we really want video? 

This is honestly a question I see all the time. There is a saying that a picture is worth a 1000 words. If thats true how much would video with audio be worth? Pictures provide great memories and can be hung in your house, but there is something to be able to relive a moment like it happened. You get to hear and see your toasts, you get to relive the moment your bride walked down the aisle. Video can transport you right back into the best day of your life, and who wouldn't want that. 

What is your typical turnaround time? 

Because we handcraft each film to the individual couple this takes time. We don’t rush any step of the process, because we want a film that stands the test of time. Our typical turnaround time is 3-4 months. We are working on getting things done quicker but we find this is our sweet spot with creating something timeless and beautiful without rushing anything and missing moments. If you want your film done quicker, we offer a rush turnaround. This puts your film in the front of the rest of the films and we will start editing your films right away. Another option is to get the teaser trailer which will be ready within 2 weeks of your wedding. 

Will you be in the way of the guests? 

So this is another very popular question. People want to make sure their guests have a great time and are not disturbed by videographers. We really try to stay out of people’s way. We do this by using long lenses which allow us to stay in the back or sides. 

Why would I want the rehearsal dinner filmed? 

So many great speeches happen this night. There is way less pressure on the speech giver and the speeches usually are way more sentimental. Plus most the people that speak at the rehearsal don’t say anything at the wedding. For example the grooms parents usually make a toast at the rehearsal dinner and not the wedding. These are memories that are great to get captured. It also gives us a great chance to start getting you and your wedding party use to the camera. It makes everyone feel more comfortable on the actual wedding day. 

How is Music Chosen? 

Each one of my films is completely unique and music plays a major part in that. I choose music that fits each couple. I do this by talking with each couple and learning about them. Also every wedding has a different feel and I use that to pick out music that will fit perfect with your day. I license all the music I use so you can share it with your friends and family without worrying about it getting taken down. If you have a favorite song that you want to use we can try to use that also. 

Will you and the photographer get into each others way? 

No. I work very well with photographers. I always talk to them prior to make sure we have an understanding about where each other will be. But we also film with multiple cameras and long lenses so we can stay back and not disrupt the photographers. I have heard horror stories about photo and video getting into fights, but honestly I have always had great partnerships with every photographer I have worked with.

How does payment work? 

We use a website called tave to help stay organized. On this website we will set up your information. You will get an email with a link to your client site where you can sign your contract and make payments. There is a 35% non refundable deposit due when you sign the contract. This is to hold your day. Then 30 days before your wedding the remaining 65 % is due.